Sunday, September 19, 2010
In case you were wondering....this is what my life has been consisting of:
With 2 stories due a week. My social life has declined...well only kinda, let's be honest. That's a big priority. I can no longer procrastinate school work. I am on campus ALL DAY. With constant interviews, calls, research, and then the actual writing of the story...the newsroom has become a 3rd home (after my actual apartment and the pool). Good thing everyone in the newsroom is awesome and all of us PR kids are struggling together.
On top of news reporting...is a PR class, a law/media class, and a little espanol action.
and this obviously:
First meet in almost 2 weeks! Senior year is well on its way.
love these girls.
the first picture is one of our first pictures together freshmen year. oh how we've changed.
Occasionally there is time for some of this:
Check it out:
It is a cool donation site that features one project and people can donate as little as a dollar. Your credit card is not charged if the goal amount is not reached. I'm busy doing a PR campaign for it so I'm REPPIN it too. holla.
For music: Pandora is so 2009. check out www.grooveshark.com.
Can listen to whole cds, pretty much anything at anytime.
I'm pretty sure I think about Spain and being abroad everyday so I'm keeping the name of my blog...also just in case that really worried you.
peace & blessings
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
ALL the pics are from Portugal.
Although I am no longer abroad and life feels a tad lame in the states...I figured I could still blog if the occasion seemed fitting. Such as omg my life is SO SO exciting. This is one of those moments.
Portugal was never given the credit it deserves so here it is:
It was amazing. I traveled all over the country with my lovely cousin, Rafaela and had a blast with my family and new friends.Oh and the men were gorgeous. HOLLA.
Recent discoveries: Provo can be fun during the summer.
And my Mom really has enjoyed my new sense of spontaneity which consists of road trips to Vegas and California. All the love Mom.
Monday, June 7, 2010
I am in what we have recently called the 3 etapa (time period) of our Spain trip. This is basically party mode. Our group has gone a bit crazy, real world style. Let's just say, the hormones are ragin.
I have 1 and half weeks left here. We leave for Barcelona tomorrow for the whole week and then next week is finals! Then off to Portugal for a week. I can't wait to see my family there. I realized that I haven't seen my Dad's sister and her family in....12 years...yes, that long. The last time I saw my cousin, Rafaela, we were both little girls, communicating somehow even though we didn't speak the same language. I'm guessing this time it will be a tad different.
*Went to a bullfight. Pretty scary to see the bull roll over and die. They killed 6 bulls. But it was an awesome experience. Very cultural.
* Went to Salamanca and Burgos.
*Ate some blood sausage
* Saw the Don Quijote windmills
*Saw a Spanish play
* Went to demaisiado Cathedrals
*Shopped in every city
* Woke up at 3 AM to go clubbing
I am going to miss this place. Some new Americans arrived in Alcala recently and we all felt like they were invading our little home. Tender.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Sevilla and Granada may have stolen the prize as the prettiest place away from Toledo. It's a pretty tough competition. It was an amazing trip..besides the countless cathedrals that we all get sick of. If I see another one...I might barf. What I love are all the beautiful views, just walking on the cobblestone streets, or enjoying a paella lunch outside with the crew.
The Alhambra is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It is an old palace full of gorgeous gardens. I can't even describe it and pictures don't do it justice, so just go there someday.
After 3 nights of basically no sleep and all play, we are back in our little home in Alcala. Only when I walk the streets by myself, it actually hits me where I am. I still can't believe sometimes. I only have three weeks left and we are all determined to live it up as much as possible.
We also saw flamenco dancing in Sevilla. So cool, the Spanish dancer captured all our hearts..duh. These are the infamous HAMMER pants. It's a big deal in Spain. so obviously we have to fit in. Ok yesterday we all went to the Parque de Retiro to row boats. As always, a fight broke out between us girls and the guys full of splashing and stealing paddles. But, the champion, Jen jumped in the lake! The entire lake, everyone sitting outside on the grass a.k.a. half of Spain were all laughing and clapping for us. It was hilarious. Top five moment here...along with Blanca yelling at me, We have Band concert, and Dan getting pissed on the daily.
living and loving every moment. <3
Monday, May 17, 2010
Last Friday we traveled to Avila and Segovia which were beautiful, like everything here. But, it was freezing. I rocked my swimming jacket (BYU swim team is well represented here, HOLLA) but I was dying. Thus, but the end of the trip all of us wanted to get the heck out. Then saturday it was la festival de San Isidro in Madrid so we went to Madrid all day. Which we basically do everyday anyway. They had a big flee market type thing, music, and food everywhere. These people know how to party fo sho.
This week we have a five-day weekend trip to Granada, Sevilla, and Cordoba. No big deal.
Some funny memories, jokes, or common happenings: *hammer pants, it's always hammer time *the crew, either fab four, sexy six, or elite eight. *we love churros con chocolate...only at maestro churro. *Madrid everyday all day *spanglish is always best. *sleeping in church *sleeping on the metro *being slap happy/crazy every night around 7ish...especially me. *PANDA WATCH *Spider hands *Beating up on Dan...too soon? *That's what she said jokes with the pinky finger up *Me gusta *Speaking like a gringo *dibs *your team/my team game *study abroad couples...which are against the rules, recently stated by Profe Williams. *"when in doubt, take pictures of the pain" *old spanish men *nuns *chillin at the Pinta or Mushka *Jav's deep questions and talks *Hiding food in the napkin or pouring it into a bag to hide it from your host fam *The dreaded group tours.
*I WANT MCDONALDS.
* Always chocolate/candy...always.
*Buying skirts from Zara.
*We have band concert..Tenemos Banda!!
*one week here=a year in real life.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Can this guy be anymore perfectly Spain? :)
Ok I really am alive here in Spain. I finally found some good internet...in a pub. The school internet is being weird with my Mac so I'm just chillin in a bar.
Friday, April 23, 2010
I came across this list and it gave me a good chuckle.
Enjoy, pretty sure everyone is like this...
2. More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can
think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my
own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.
3. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you're wrong.
4. I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to
have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks
when they've invented the lighter?
5. Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be
going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the direction
from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or
phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no
one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching
directions on the sidewalk.
6. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was
7. The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This
recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be
ending a work email with the phrase "Regards" again.
9. There is a great need for sarcasm font.
10. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
suddenly realize I had no idea what the f was going on when I first saw
11. I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes
stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes
shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right
parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond
earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.
12. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
13. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than
take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
15. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish
17. Was learning cursive really necessary?
18. Lol has gone from meaning, "laugh out loud" to "I have nothing else to
19. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
20. Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron
test is absolutely petrifying.
21. Whenever someone says "I'm not book smart, but I'm street smart", all I
hear is "I'm not real smart, but I'm imaginary smart".
22. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and
smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
26. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sure I
know how to get out of my neighborhood.
28. I find it hard to believe there are actually people who get in the
shower first and THEN turn on the water.
29. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty,
and you can wear them forever.
30. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
31. Bad decisions make good stories
32. Whenever I'm Facebook stalking someone and I find out that their profile
is public I feel like a kid on Christmas morning who just got the Red Ryder
BB gun that I always wanted. 546 pictures? Don't mind if I do!
33. Is it just me or do high school girls get sluttier & sluttier every
35. Why is it that during an ice-breaker, when the whole room has to go
around and say their name and where they are from, I get so incredibly
nervous? Like I know my name, I know where I'm from, this shouldn't be a
37. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after DVDs? I don't want
to have to restart my collection.
38. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going
to fall after leaning your chair back a little too far.
39. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if
I want to save any changes to my ten page research paper that I swear I did
not make any changes to.
40. I hate being the one with the remote in a room full of people watching
TV. There's so much pressure. 'I love this show, but will they judge me if I
keep it on? I bet everyone is wishing we weren't watching this. It's only a
matter of time before they all get up and leave the room. Will we still be
friends after this?'
41. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damnit!),
but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail.
What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
42. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing
anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
43. When I meet a new girl, I'm terrified of mentioning something she hasn't
already told me but that I have learned from some light internet stalking.
44. I like all of the music in my iTunes, except when it's on shuffle, then
I like about one in every fifteen songs in my iTunes.
50. Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn't know what do to
51. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys
in a pocket, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass
everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7
seconds, eyes closed, first time every time...
52. It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the
link takes me to a video instead of text.
53. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they
drive behind obeys the speed limit.
54. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or
Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lites than with Kay.